The development team of Internet Explorer 7 have published a post indicating the “improvements” of the new browser. Useful improvements for the CSS design and that only work under the <! DOCTYPE> switch, this to preserve the compatibility with IE’s previous versions.
Between the changes, I find five essential ones:
- Support of Min/max width/height (ideal for designs with images)
- To show transparent PNG (alpha channel support)
- To show: hover in all the elements (not only for links)
- Fixed Position‘s Support (to support a fixed element in certain position)
- Background-attachment (to support the background of any fixed element)
And also it is necessary to emphasize the improvement of the support to the <objet> tag (to show multimedia – videos elements).
More information: Details on our CSS changes for IE7